Join The Team
Dispatch Coordinator - Airdrie, AB
As the Dispatcher, you will play an important leadership role to ensure our clients have an amazing experience as they tour Western Canada on our premium motor coaches. You will be an integral member of the team, supporting the Duty Manager to ensure all Motor Coach Operator and road (trip) activities are supported and monitored according to customer itineraries and transportation (regulatory) requirements. The Trip Supporter frequently collaborates with other Managers of the organization. Your priority will be to ensure TRAXX safely delivers on and exceeds our customers’ expectations of their TRAXX Coachlines experience.
This role requires excellent leadership, problem solving, and demonstration of professionalism in a culture of safety while ensuring compliance with Company programs and procedures, Provincial and Federal regulations, and client policies.
- Responsible to manage the day-to-day schedule of the operators and the fleet, allocating appropriate type of coaches for each trip.
- Responsible to assess and support all operator inquiries and to provide relevant trip information
- Ensure communication with operators at scheduled check-ins
- Responsible to maintain and process operator logs, handle phone calls and emails, to support the safe, efficient, and quality operation of all trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years dispatch or relevant experience required.
- Effective decision making, problem solving, planning and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills (organizational, team oriented & focused).
- Good working knowledge of western Canada.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules that includes early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); knowledge of transportation software is an asset.
- Experience in the truck or highway bus transportation industry an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive pay structure
- Overtime hours
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Professional Development & Advancement Opportunities
At TRAXX, we are in the people business. No matter your role in the company, from maintenance techs to drivers and office team members, you play an important part in the day to day operations and ensuring a smooth transition from planning, to travel implementation.
At our core, our culture of excellence, transparency and inclusivity is only possible with dedicated team members who share our vision – being the number one choice in group travel solutions locally and abroad. We bring together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise to support our teams in Canada and the US.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Airdrie, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- transportation / logistics dispatch: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
We are looking for like-minded ones to join our team! Please send your resume by email.
If you are applying for a specific position, please enter the job title and location in the subject line.