Join The Team
Mechanic Red Seal – Delta, BC
We are recruiting a Red Seal Heavy Duty / Commercial Transport Mechanic with CVIP license to conduct repairs and preventative maintenance for a fleet of Motor Coaches and Shuttle Buses. Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, you will be part of a team committed to safety and service excellence.
Mechanics are integral members of the maintenance operations at TRAXX Coachlines. Their primary responsibilities are to:
- Inspect, test, diagnose, adjust, repair and maintain commercial motor coaches, buses and vehicles in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Perform government inspections (CVIP)
- Perform regular checks of the yard and buses for damage, check for driver reported defects, and update and maintain a record of motor coaches and shuttles in the yard
- Check and schedule inspections as indicated on the inspection board
- Create, issue, track and update work orders
- Work collaboratively and communicate with the maintenance team and other members of the organization
- Escalate significant maintenance issues as required
You take pride in your work and the knowledge that you are working for an organization with a culture of safety and service excellence. You are a motivated, self driven, safety-oriented professional who wants to grow your career in the passenger transportation sector. Your critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem solving, and attention to detail contribute to your success as a mechanic.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Red Seal Certified or Qualified Apprentice in Truck and Transport, Heavy Duty, Automotive Mechanic
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ heavy-duty mechanic experience or relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of provincial CVSE standards and Federal Motor Vehicle Act
- Established knowledge of Diesel Engine, Transmission, Electrical and Electronic System, Brake System, Fuel, Ignition and Emission System, Drive Train Components, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System
- CVIP license is an asset but not required upon hire; must be willing and able to achieve later
- Valid driver’s license with air endorsement is an asset but may be achieved later; must be able to obtain Class 2 license.
- Strong knowledge in motorcoaches’ operating certificates and specifications, as they pertain to maintenance
- Working knowledge diagnostic computers and software
- Ability to adapt to an environment with changing priorities and interruptions
- High school diploma or GED required
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At TRAXX, we are in the people business. No matter your role in the company, from maintenance techs to drivers and office team members, you play an important part in the day-to-day operations and ensuring a smooth transition from planning to travel implementation. We recognize that by providing our employees:
- Group RRSP Program
- Group Health Benefits
- Positive Learning and Growth Environment
- Competitive pay based on experience: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
TRAXX Coachlines provides first-class charter motor coach services throughout Western Canada and the Greater Seattle Area. At our core, our culture of excellence, transparency and inclusivity is only possible with dedicated team members who share our vision – being the number one choice in group travel solutions locally and abroad. We bring together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise to support our clients. From sports teams to chartered tours to worksite transportation, TRAXX has been providing the best motorcoach experience on the road since 1932.